Ann M. Pannell, MA CCC-SLP
Hello, I am Ann Marie Pannell, owner of Clarity Speech Coaching, and I look forward to being your communication coach!
I'm the kid who was always in trouble for talking and asking lots of questions. I'm also the kid that learned how great it felt to help people at a young age. My family continuously encouraged having an education, but not so I could go get that "dream job: It was to learn to do something to make this world a better place, to make a difference, to help people.
The combination of being chatty and curious, with my love for language, has led to rich experiences, personally, academically, and professionally. Exposure to various cultures, styles of communication, and viewpoints affirms that speaking is not communication; to communicate, you first need to have an awareness of where the other person is coming from, an open mind, and a strong desire to understand.
In healthcare, I have worked with brilliant professionals. They did not get the respect or recognition they deserved related to their communication style, cultural differences, or speaking English as a Second Language. Being misunderstood in healthcare can be a matter of life and death, it can impact patient rapport building, as well as teamwork and collaboration.
After years of helping my colleagues in my off hours master their communication, public speaking preparations, and assist with accent refinement, I saw a genuine need for my services in the private sector. In 2018, I resigned from my full-time position as a Speech-Language Pathologist and pursued my passion, founding Clarity Speech Coaching.
Clarity Speech Coaching stems from a strong sense of self, a personal conviction that everyone deserves to be heard, and dedication to helping others communicate their messages. Leveraging my specialized training and clinical experiences in Speech-Language Pathology, I now serve individuals and businesses by refining and defining their messages, to speak English with clarity, and to create an executive presence that is true to their cultural identity. My second language is Spanish, and I completely identify with my client's journey to master a foreign language and know how it feels to interact in the workplace and social settings in my second language.
My goal is to develop a client's confidence and unique personality when speaking and communicating, as well as to thrive and be successful in their work and personal lives.
My communication programs are unique and customized to each client and scenario, as well as live and interactive. There are no pre-recorded programs at Clarity Speech Coaching, and I strive to meet the real-time communication needs of my clients at each session. I work hard for my clients, and I bring value and results!
Ann Marie Pannell
Founder & Owner
Clarity Speech Coaching , LLC
- Master's Degree in Speech Language Pathology, Temple University, Philadelphia PA
- Emphasis in Multicultural and Latino Populations
- Bachelor of Sciences Degrees and Minor, The Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
- B.S. in Communication Sciences
- B.S. in Spanish
- Minor in International Studies
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) , The American Speech Language Hearing Association
- Compton P-ESL (Pronouncing English as a Second Language) Certified Instructor
- American Speech Language Hearing Association Member (ASHA)
- Corporate Speech Pathology Network Member ( CORSPAN)
- Board Member: Special Projects Director
- Co-Creator of C.L.E.A.R.™ Leadership and Communication Workshop
Clarity Speech Coaching provides customized accent reduction, public speaking and business communication coaching programs through one-on-one sessions: either a web-based meeting or on-location at your business.
We will help you refine your accent and fine-tune your English pronunciation skills, master public speaking, as well as communicate effectively in business situations, by providing specialized and unique training programs which will train you to speak and communicate with clarity the first time! Clarity Speech Coaching specializes in providing coaching programs to individuals from around the world who wish to speak with clarity and confidence.
Ann is an active member and board member of CORSPAN (The Corporate Speech Pathology Network) which is an international organization of Speech-Language Pathologists who specialize in communication assessment and training for businesses and professionals.
Please read more about how Ann values the CORSPAN community, and read her Member Spotlight on the CORSPAN website.
Are you curious if Accent Coaching is for you?
- You learned English as a second, third or fourth language, or were born outside of the U.S.A.
- You are a motivated professional who wants to be better understood in meetings, on the phone and with clients
- You realize your SPOKEN English has been a communication barrier, despite your accurate use of English vocabulary and grammar.
- Your communication style has held you back from a promotion or recognition you deserve.
If you answered yes to any of the above, a communication coach can help improve your verbal communication of English, and make your accent something you are truly proud of. Please complete our free consultation, so that we can provide feedback on your speech, speaking style, voice aesthetics and accent ( just to name a few).